- Successfully treats iron deficiency anaemia. Positive effect on pregnancy outcome like gestational age and birth weight.
- Ensures maturation of RBCs. Prevents megalobalstic anaemia in Pregnancy.
- Requirements of vitamin B12 in excess of normal (pregnancy, thyrotoxicosis, hemolytic anemia & hemorrhage) can usually be met with oral supplementation.
- Required for the balancing of hormonal changes in women as well as assisting the immune system and the growth of new cells.
- Darker skinned people have been found to have higher incidences of rickets, CVD & cancers.